The Financial Analyst I is primarily responsible for supporting the Finance department with monthly and quarterly reporting; preparation of financial reports as requested and production of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations. Provides analysis of data and ensures all work practices, processes and procedures comply with policies in place.
• Assist with monthly closing activities for US Corporate & Financial Services Ratings, including reconciling expense accounts and preparing required journal entries.
• Provide support with maintaining expense files. Maintain various support schedules, such as data vendor contracts listings, SOW listings, rent analysis, employee rotation and relocation schedules, etc.
• Prepare US Corporate & Financial Services Ratings Balance Sheet reconciliations; ensure timely follow up on outstanding items & compliance with Corporate policy on accounting and presentation of balance sheet data.
• Code, process and log invoices as well as perform any necessary research on invoice issues and resolve open items.
• Assist Finance Manager with various US Corporate & Financial Services Ratings management reports.
• Perform detailed reviews of GO&I charges, including periodic checks of intranet IDs – inactivate IDs for consultants and staff no longer employed.
• Maintain fixed assets records, assist with asset replacements and disposals.
• Provide operational support to the US Corporate & Financial Institutions Ratings business units, serving as liaison between Finance and Office Managers.
• Management of business unit internal policies and procedures related to T&E and P-Card spending.
• The incumbent must have a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and/or finance in order to support the financial operations of the group.
• Must be able to communicate financial information, ideas, and opinions clearly and effectively.
• Must be proactive, able to work unsupervised, demonstrate ability to meet tight deadlines and highly organized.
• Excellent computer skills including high proficiency in the usage of Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Undergraduate/Graduate degree in accounting, finance or related discipline; CPA preferred. Knowledge of local accounting standards, US GAAP and/or IFR reporting preferred. 2 years of experience in related field.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see? Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.